Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 26: Pop Quiz











Total: 1842 miles

Poster's note: The over-worked, underpaid poster apologizes for the lateness of the quiz. I went to campus this morning to post, but couldn't get within a mile - graduation!!! The poster is also going on strike if there is any more talk of Pamela. Now to the good stuff!

Cyclist's Observation: When in doubt, check into a motel and think about it.


We hope you have taken good notes up to this point. The four photographs represent objects frequently found on the shoulder of the road. Identify which object is found most often. The answer will be posted tomorrow.

Today was the day Bill and I left Texas. Then it was the day we returned to Texas! I didn't think this would happen so soon, but we followed the motel tracks. Going on to Las Cruces, New Mexico would have taken us a few miles farther in the hot afternoon sun after we had already completed 77 miles. Our speed for the day was 13.4 mph and included about 35 miles of El Paso traffic. The problem would've been finding a motel on the way. The same answer was repeated, "nothing until we reached Las Cruces." I usually don't let good judgment get in my way, but fatigue is a powerful force. Bottom line, we checked into the Best Western Hotel in Anthony, Texas early in the afternoon.

For all of you avid blog readers, our gratitude and thanks and good luck on the quiz.

This is the Old Land Cruisers looking for the Rocky Mountain high and still mourning the loss of Pamela.















7 comments:

  1. I would have to guess that the truckers utilize more red bull per diem than the other options listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have guessed Red Bull too, but since Eric was first to post this answer, I'll pick the Bic lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bungie cord, used often on small roads to hold different parts of old trucks, cars and bikes together....truckers would not litter, and flick my bic lighters last forever.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with G, truckers do take care of their roads. Where's the picture of the dead 'dillo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 3 on the list looks like a bike part. Metric fine thread with loctite. Not sure you see many of these on the road! A part of your bike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiz Answers from the Carr-Ernst home: Steven: Bungie Cords - there are so many in use that some are bound to fall off vehicles. Amy and Marsha: Red Bull - after all this is a "pop" quiz.

    Bill - Mother's Day was celebrated in style here. First of all, Aubrey came into my room and said "Happy Mother's Day, Grandma" and gave me a big hug. She had told me yesterday that Mother's Day is for all mothers and that you're a mother, too. Then everyone came into my room bearing gifts. They gave me three very cute garden animals -- a turtle, a snail, and a frog.
    Then Steven made waffles w/strawberries and bananas. Yum.

    Miss you!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete