Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 38: Yuma Respite





Total: 2423 miles





Cyclist's Observation: Easy days are all relative.

What a great break! Bill and I cycled 21 miles at 13 mph from Wellton, Arizona into Yuma. It was a day of recovery with Jerry and Laurie Finzer (see picture). Chatting and happy hour were pleasant reliefs from being on the road. They were wonderful hosts and served us a great dinner. This will be the last break as we make the final push to San Diego. We decided to make the most of the break and relax with a favorite Arizona beverage, margaritas (see picture).

I must say that Laurie went all out with hospitality. We had a gift of necessities for travel which were greatly appreciated, but I couldn't get the look of satisfaction off of Serotta's handlebars. He loves Laurie's gift of a green matching bandanna (see picture) and I think he may feel good enough to make it the rest of the way to San Diego. I'm not sure where he gets his sense of style, maybe Cannondale has had a positive influence.


We are the Old Land Cruisers stylin into sunny Southern California.


























2 comments:

  1. We sure had a great time with you guys...so glad you could stay with us in Yuma. We look forward to having you visit us with your spouses when you can stay longer and see the sights. Happy Trails during your final push to San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that the Finzer's have set the very high standard with their great looking Margaritas, might I suggest that you reward yourselves when you arrive in San Diego with another round at the Casa de Pico(5500 Grossmont Center Drive,
    La Mesa, CA 91942). The Margaritas are served in what I can only describe as soup bowls on a stem. The first...and second...rounds (which you undoubtedly will deserve)are on me. I only wish I could be there to celebrate and enjoy them with you!! (Bill, I will reimburse you when you return to Mount Vernon...) Great cycling, guys!!!

    ReplyDelete